Understanding Trauma: Our Body, Brain & Emotions
3 x 90 minutes
Webinar in english
This 3 part webinar is an overview of the physical, emotional, and mental effects of trauma and hones in on what BBTRS students need to know. It is full of practical information and specifically addresses the important issues involved in working with clients.
Traumatic events are unfortunately a part of nearly everyone’s life. To be of most benefit to those we work with, we must understand the physiological & psychological effects of trauma.
Webinar recommended for:
- BBTRS training participants – it is part of the required curriculum for BBTR certification
- anyone wanting to understand their own mind and body better
- yoga teachers, therapists, body workers and breath therapists
Topics covered in the webinar are
- Overview of different types of trauma
- Interpersonal neurobiology and physiology of attachment
- Hypothalamis-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, opioids, and adrenal fatigue
- The polyvagal theory and the activation cycle of social engagement strategies, orienting, fight/flight, freeze/collapse and deactivation
- Manifestations of traumatic stress
- Trauma and memory
- Special attention will be paid to emotional and somatic disorders commonly seen among people suffering from trauma, e.g., addiction, anxiety, panic, anger, chronic pain, chronic stress, depression, dissociation, attention (ADD, ADHD).
- Video material – 4 parts
- PDF copy of the slides used in the webinar
- short quiz that all BBTRS students need to complete in order to receive credit towards their certification.