Anatomy & Physiology for Breathwork Practitioners
2 x 90 minutes
Webinar in English.
This 2 part webinar is specially designed for breathwork practitioners to address the important anatomical, physiological, and safety issues involved in working with clients.
Webinar recommended for:
- BBTRS training participants – it is part of the required curriculum for BBTR certification
- massage therapist
- yoga teachers
- others in the healing professions.
Topics covered in this webinar are:
- Anatomy & physiology of the pulmonary system
- Hypoventilation and hyperventilation, and what is different about breathwork
- Muscular, emotional and energetic anatomy of the 7 “Belts of Tension”
- Autonomic nervous system from a trauma perspective.
- The importance of the psoas muscle and its relationship to trauma.
- The fascia network.
- Conditions pertinent to safety, eg. contraindications, heart conditions, etc.
- Video material – 2 parts
- PDF copy of the slides used in the webinar
- short quiz that all BBTRS students need to complete in order to receive credit towards their certification.